- Maintain a deep understanding of brand, audience, and company objectives on an ongoing basis to ensure all communications make clear how the work ties back to our broader mission, goals, and values.
- Provide input on messaging and positioning, and influence stakeholders as needed to ensure communications are impactful and aligned with our desired tone.
- Create opportunities for dialogue across all levels of the organization. This will include drafting written communications, developing presentations for All Hands, monitoring Slack to engage with employees, and hosting employee engagement events.
- Use brand standards to write memorable, compelling, and engaging content in an audience appropriate tone including investor and employee communications, press releases, content for our career sites, blogs, social media postings and change management communications.
- Utilize our employee listening channels (e.g., All Hands meetings, Slack, engagement surveys, Office Hours) to ensure we are listening and learning from our employees and grounding our communications in data.
- Work with the volunteer management team to manage internal and external surveys for volunteer engagement.
- Plan strategic brand aligned employee engagement activities across mediums.
- Partner closely with designers to create audience centric collateral and layouts for communications including Google Slides presentations, documentation, and event specific collateral.
- Act as primary point of contact and lead detailed communication plans for communication projects such as executive communications, product launches, change management, investor relations, and campaigns.
- Track results and apply key learnings to improve future communications, content, and engagement.You should be comfortable trying new things in order to see what resonates best with our various audiences.
REQUIRED SKILLS -
- 3-4 years of communications experience in an in-house, agency, or startup environment
- Demonstrated results in problem solving, strategic, creative thinker comfortable with generating ideas and plans, and getting those plans across the finish line.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout/design skills; must be able to communicate concepts effectively.
- Substantial project management and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and change direction quickly according to fast-evolving business needs.
- Passionate, positive, self-starter who enjoys working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite, Slack, and Jira preferred
- Bachelor's degree or Experience in Communications, Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or equivalent experience.
VISA REQUIREMENT -
Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to accept volunteers on certain U.S. visas with volunteering restrictions due to complications with work authorization and the possibility of putting one’s visa status at risk. We are currently working towards finding a permanent solution that allows U.S. visa holders to safely volunteer with us, but until then, please do not apply if you are a U.S. visa holder. We apologize for the unfortunate situation, and we hope to allow everyone an opportunity to become a volunteer soon. Please see our visa statement for more information.
- We are based in Seattle, WA (Pacific Time)
- Volunteers outside the Pacific Northwest are welcome but are encouraged to check our location's time difference.
Please apply here and sign up using Volunteer Application form.